Celebrity Skin: Emily Procter

February 14, 2010 | | Comments 52

This month Emily Procter is sharing her skin care routine and favorite products with us. For the past eight seasons, Emily Procter has helped to make “CSI: Miami” a Top Ten staple for CBS. She combines her innate talent, beauty, and Southern charm into her role as Detective Calleigh Duquesne.

Though investigating crimes scenes may not be as cutthroat an environment as the White House, audiences also know Emily as attorney Ainsley Hayes who she portrayed on the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning “The West Wing” for two seasons.

eproctor1

Born and raised in Raleigh, North Carolina, Emily was no stranger to television before moving to Los Angeles. While completing her degree in Journalism and Dance at East Carolina University, she worked as weather anchor at WNCT in Greenville.

Emily’s earlier big screen credits including the likes of “Leaving Las Vegas” with Nicolas Cage and “Jerry Maguire” with Tom Cruise. In 1998, Emily landed her first starring role in the critically acclaimed HBO telefilm “Breast Men” opposite Chris Cooper and David Schwimmer with whom she later worked on “Friends”. She has since co-starred in the New Line drama “Body Shots”, which reunited her with “Jerry Maguire” co-star Jerry O’Connell, and more recently opposite Martin Lawrence in FOX’s blockbuster sequel to the comedy “Big Momma’s House”. Emily also filmed a cameo role opposite Patrick Wilson in the comedy “Barry Munday”.

When not filming, Emily enjoys interior decorating, performing with her new band, playing poker, and working with various charities for the homeless. My Skin Affair asked Emily to share with us how she keeps her skin looking so radiant. She has some great product choices. Enjoy!

eproctor2

What is your skin care routine?

In the morning I wash my face with Neutrogena then follow-up with Skinceuticals Renew Overnight Oily (even though it’s a night cream, it works great under makeup because it’s light, moisturizing and won’t break you out).  At night I use a combination of Murad products; I love the firming Age Diffusing Serum, Lightening Gel and Age Balancing Night Cream.  I alternate with Skinceuticals, CE Ferulic, Phyto+ and again Renew Overnight Oily cream.

What are your favorite products?

I love the California Baby line! Even though it says baby on it, their products are gentle for sensitive skin.  I use the sunscreen (the one in the pump bottle) as hand lotion during the day. It’s a great way to protect your hands.  Burt’s Bees Apricot Baby Oil has a delicious scent, really delightful.  Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Tinted Moisturizer is a winner and I also love Kai & Jo Malone lotions.

What’s in your purse?

In my bag I always carry Buddha Balm Lip Balm in Mandarin Orange Ginger and Shea Body Butter by Sun Flare Maui (Tuberose is my favorite).  I cannot say enough about this cream, I leave it in my bag because it’s a great pick-me-up.

How do you pamper your skin?

I take a bubble bath every night.  I use EO Bath Salts. And as far as bubbles go, I like EO Bubble Bath, Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Bubble Bath is wonderful, Cote Bastide Bain de Roses and California Baby too.  Ten minutes in the bath goes a long way!  Afterwards I cover my feet with Ahava Foot Cream – excellent!

Do you have a favorite spa?

I absolutely love Two Bunch Palms in Desert Hot Springs, California!  It is a very low-key place with a natural hot springs and great therapists.  It also doesn’t hurt that it’s about two hours from L.A. and reasonably priced.  Catherine in the restaurant makes a splendid raspberry martini!  After all, fruit is good for the skin!

Favorite spa treatment?

The hour and a half hot stone massage or the hour-long reflexology massage.

Favorite tip/advice for skin care?

Moisturize!!! Moisture is the key to young looking skin.  I will also wear makeup to protect my skin.  I use the Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Tinted Moisturizer and take the sheen down with a little mineral makeup powder. I like sheer cover.  It is a natural polished look with good coverage and great sun protection.

Thanks Emily!

eproctor3

Be Sociable, Share!

RSSComments (52)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. lol says:

hi you ar so cool and i love your show

2. jenaireo wade says:

Hi Emily you are so sexy to me I wish I could pamper you my self also i love your beautiful eye it just seem that you are so attractive to me . and i love to watch yo show csi miami you are a cool person wish i take you on a date . see you soon hopefully Jenaireo

3. [...] Burt’s Bees for years. Emily Procter recently mentioned that it’s one of her favorite products in her interview for My Skin Affair. I have to say, after all of these years, the Baby Bee scent smells just as good and comforting as [...]

4. Robin Sasser says:

Hi!! Emily I’m from Fayetteville, NC you have a nice complexion. I love the things that ya’ll are doing on the show. My daughters love the show and watch them every Mon.My oldest daughter wants to follow in your steps at ECU.
    Thanks Robin

5. Fazeel Ahamed says:

Hi Emily , I know you are a very beautiful person in the world . The place I have been looking at your show on TV.( CSI MIAMI)

6. Erin says:

hi Emily

I think you’re an amazing actress and an even better role model

Keep up the good work

7. francis winston says:

hi Emily,i admire you so much and because of you i don’t miss CSI Miami.Keep going.

8. Lori Perrino says:

You are a great actress and it is refreshing to see a gal with so much class!!

9. jak says:

Hola Emily me pareces encantadora no me pierdo C.S.I solo por verte, me gustaria mucho que me respondieras chao.

10. [...] safe for your newborn and I have a feeling you’ll be using it on yourself as well. I am! In my interview with Emily Procter, Emily mentioned that she loves using the California Baby line on her sensitive skin. Now that [...]

11. jay says:

im sooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy about you emily……………have to see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Marco Antonio says:

I am from Brazil and don’t know write in english, so… but, there are many things tha i say to you… (it’s right?)
    In portuguese we say EU AMO VOCÊ to I LOVE YOU… Your job in CSI is so beautfull, and you are very beautfull…
    Sorry, my english is sou wrong…
    I talk to you in portuguese…
    Kiss for you, love you!
    Marco

13. Melanie says:

Hello Emily,
    I am Melanie an 16 year old girl from Germany.
    Iam watching every week CSI MIAMI.
    The serie is amazing.The best of the serie is your friendship between you(Calleigh Duquesne) and Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delco)
    I would be happy if you could answer me.
    I wish you enjoiment in the serie and a lot of luck in your life.
    P.S:In this photos you look very beautiful!

14. satt says:

I always read the TV program.
    It assists though it is from Japan.

15. you do net no me i wish you enjoiment in the serie and a lot of luck in you life

16. i am from canada and dont know write in english,so…but,there ore many things thaisay to you it s right in portuese we say EU amovdce to your job in csi is so beautfull,and you ore very beautfull from,good friend

17. Domie says:

Bonjour de France Emilie ainsi qu’à vos camarade des “Experts miami” et merci pour tous ces épisodes.

18. laura says:

Heyyyyyyy Emily i like you and the people in c.s.i miami. i love your time . kisses for you and for David Caruso ,Adam Rodriguez, Jonathan Togo , Eva LaRue … i love you everibody. i am portuguese so sorry i don t know write better .

19. laura says:

Emily i love on colege yours he is David…
    don t tell the enyone. HE IS AMEZING, SO SEXY . KISSES.

20. grant says:

Hi Emily,
    I think you are a very beautiful looking woman.It’s to bad that you are considering leaving CSI.I watch the series on a regular basis.All the best.

21. navy man says:

Just, PLEASE keep smiling and keep talking. the smile is awesome…and that NC accent weakens the knees…

22. Curtis, Cleveland Ohio says:

You are soooooo beautiful. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Gorgeous! One favor.. Can you smile more on CSI Miami? You have the most beautiful smile :-D

23. Deborah says:

I’ve been a fan since you started on CSI I think it’s great you help the homeless and less fourtunate Do you ever go back to greensville my aunt lives there do you still race cars do you come to Florida to make the sence for csi

24. Hannes Schreiber says:

Bin aus Austria 3433 Königstetten Schulgasse 2/7 Tel : 06645540017 !
    Mache zurzeit den F-E Führerschein in Fahrschule Zimmerer Tulln 3430 .
    Bin meistens als Küchenhelfer Arbeiten in Hinterglemm oder Lofer bei Salzburg Arbeiten . Spiele Fusball in der 1 Klasse Nord / West in Svvk Königstetten und sonnst muss warten was der sagt bei den Film Ariell Zeichentrikfilm bei Wetten dass ob ich Hannes dazu komme als Darsteller kenne das auch mit den Steifen was ihr Frauen so sagt zu einen Mann wo das bei uns in der Hose Lang wird was ihr Frauen in Hintern drin haben wollt in der Nacht verstehen aber Wohne bei Mama zuhause auser kennst eine andere für mich !

25. Hannes Schreiber says:

Betref : Emyli Procter von Orf Miami ?
    Bin aus Austria 3433 Königstetten Schulgasse 2/7 Tel : 06645540017 !
    Mache zurzeit den F-E Führerschein in Fahrschule Zimmerer Tulln 3430 .

26. jeo joe says:

i love u emily

27. Lynn says:

I’m from Raleigh as well; my husband went to ECU (I went to NCSU, a rival school…lol) and I’m so glad to see a beautiful, talented actress with a “Raleigh accent”. All the best to you and yours!

28. Daniel says:

bonjour,émilie,vous etes une jeune femme tres ravissante,magnifique.
    a bientot de vous lire j’espere.
    tous le meilleur pour vous et les votres!

29. Houssem Chelsea says:

I love you so much.

30. jacobo says:

Emily
    to recib 100000000 kis

31. Maria says:

Hi Emily I watch CSI:Miami and i verry like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whit Love Maria

32. burak says:

mrb çok süpersin

33. Branko says:

Hi Emily, how are you?, itself nicely woman :) ))))) am from in Slovakia Europe bay

34. Hannes Schreiber aus Aut says:

Anfrage ob das machen kannst das der Werner Hanak Arbeitet Angelich Löschl 3433
    Königstetten ist gernee auf hauen am Auge Unterwegs wo an meid glaubt kann keiner was machen verstehen vermutlich ist auf Bewehrung abgestzt in Austria hat mir Hannes eine aufs Auge gehauen und kommt sogar auf besuch noch aufe wo meind is nix .vielleicht könnt ihr von C.I.S miami kommen und den Werner Hanak holen ?

35. Marsha says:

Congrats on the baby!!
    I wish you the best always.

36. fawzy says:

hi.Emily this is the first time for me but i love your acting esp in CSI you r great. i’m from Egypt.you know?with my love

37. javier says:

hoa:Emily,soy un gran admirador tuyo,siempre que puedo te veo en csi.si vienes para españa me gustaria conocerte.
    muchos besos.

38. janvier25 says:

I liked Emily’s character on CSI, but seriously scarcely watch anymore because Emily is so over botoxed. Many of the other women on the show are too. How can actors show character and expression, when their faces are literally paralyzed? A discreet facelift even at 40 is understandable in Hollywood, but less is really more when it comes to botox and acting.
    She DOES have beautiful skin though.

39. robert mortimer says:

i watch csi miami every day and i think you are one very lovely lady and one fine actress.

40. marlen says:

hola emily:
    guapa , me encantas cuando actuas en csi, eres la pareja perfecta de horatio cane.
    donde nacistes? estas casada o soltera, no te vayas de csi. ere unica.

41. John Callaghan says:

Congrats with your real pregnancy, you are a peach!!!,? ;) )))))))))

42. Jasmin says:

heya Emily i think you area wonderful women i love csi Miami can’t wait to see where the E and C relationship goes as Adam would say your skin is beautiful and i don’t believe you use botox like a comment left here the woman on your show are gorgeous and so Natural keep up the good work and congrats on your baby it is a wonderful thing i have 4 children so if you wanna knw nething let me knw good luck

43. Manuel says:

Hola Emeli, te felicito sos una gran actris y una preciosa mujer, te admiro y te veo bella de rostro y de corazon.

44. Mark says:

jasmin above is so naive if she doesn’t believe Emily’s using Botox.Why do beautiful actresses believe the bs they’re fed by their advisers.Over the years I have watched a naturally beautiful woman turn into a Hollywood caricature with those silly pumped up lips.You only have to look at Lesley Ash here in the UK to see what happens when you overdo something.Get a grip Hollywood!!

45. at man says:

i love you so much emily and i from eg

46. LEVI says:

OI
    SOU DO BRASIL
    VOCE EA MAIOR GATA DA TV MUNDIAL
    PARABENS EMILY

47. Robin Christian says:

Ms. Proctor, I always seek you out on the tv screen. Your character on CSI: Miami is amazingly “right on!” I eagerly await the shows on Sunday nights. May you enjoy good holiday spirit and have a healthy and properous New Year!

48. hannes schreiber says:

vielleicht hat Interese Emily Procter an mich Hannes Schreiber ?
    Habe sonnst Beworben bei Gasthaus Sodakaiser in Lofer 5090 bei Salzburg !
    Andere Arbeit muss warten was die sagen bei der Adrian Sutil Box in der FORMEL 1 !
    Bin aber noch zuhause bei Mama Wohnung .

49. facemash says:

My skin is oily at times but I’ve been using clean clear morning burst. It’s been trying to get dry too. Especially since the colder weather is following but it helps with my nose area that gets dry as well. Also, you don’t need to use a whole lot of the Moisturizer as well.

50. MARCOS POLO AMORES says: